J.D. & Billy Hines Trucking was established by J.D. Hines in 1936 in the humblest of beginnings. With one truck, the company served the Prescott region offering log, lumber, and gravel hauling. By 1969, J.D. Hines partnered with his son, Billy Hines, investing in additional equipment as the company grew. In 1976, this father-son partnership was incorporated into its current company name, often referred to as HTI.